Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Material Girl in a Make-Believe World

“There is nothing controversial about the adoption. There is just a lot of bureaucracy and administration and papers that have to be gone through. This adoption was the beginning of the creation of adoption laws in Malawi. Up until this time there were no adoption laws in Malawi."

-Madonna


I have, on my lap, a copy of the Law of Malawi, Adoption of Children Act. Chapter 26. Section 1. Created in 1949. Last revised in 1968. Where does she come off?

As most of you know, I hate talking and thinking about Madonna (did you know Malawi made her an honorary citizen for that day of work she did last year?). Even so, she came across my radar today while I was searching for some info online. And guess what? We have her lawyer's name. Why not? Dustin hasn't been able to get a hold of the other lawyer who comes recommended. We at least know Madonna's guy gets the job done! Wouldn't that be such a hoot - using the same lawyer as Madonna. We'll see what happens. I forwarded Dustin his phone number. Maybe they can chat today!

No comments: