Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moses, 7 months tomorrow



Okay, I can't take it anymore. I originally said I wouldn't post any photos until the adoption was final... but this photo Dustin sent me is so beautiful (and so uplifting after Moses had been so sick) that I just have to post it.

We continue to need and appreciate your prayers as we trudge forward with this adoption. (I hope we're moving forward, that is.) We're still waiting for a court date - hoping and praying for a day early next week. But as in pregnancy, we have no control over when this baby is "born." Unlike pregnancy, we can't get a C-section if we're past due. Sister Mary says we're in labor now. Our labor pains aren't measured in hours, but in weeks and months. I'm not saying it's more painful (I have nothing to compare it to). It's just different.

If only I had someone to tell me how many centimeters we're at...

4 comments:

Michael Hayes said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the photo! I know, you're trying to 'be good' and not post any...but we really appreciate seeing him! I hope you're hanging in there OK. We love you!

johnsr said...

Cara,
Thank you for the beautiful photo. It now graces my computer desktop at work. We pray for you every day and can't wait to hold our newest grandbaby!

Love,
John and Kaye

Loyal and Julie Frisbie-Knudsen said...

I'm gonna say 3 cm. At 4 you are considered active! You're almost there! I know you must feel like 10 though! Actually...maybe you're pushing??
xoxo
jmk

The Millers said...

Dustin & Cara - he's absolutely Beautiful! I can't wait to meet him!! :) I'm praying for you guys!!