Friday, July 11, 2008

Moses is sick

Little Moses is sick and in the hospital. He's been vomiting and having severe diarrhea for the last five days. He's grown so dehydrated that he's been admitted to the hospital where they can monitor his fluid intake. Dustin and I drove him to the hospital yesterday and visited again early this morning.  We were told he's doing a bit better, but he's still incredibly weak and the diarrhea continues. The nurses believe he has some sort of an intestinal infection. He has lost a lot of weight, not good for an already small baby. I can't even tell you how awful he looks. We're hoping the diarrhea will stop soon and that he'll begin gaining weight and strength.
 
Dustin and I are now in the capitol city, Lilongwe. I fly out in the morning. It's very hard to leave with our baby in the hospital, but that's the way it has to be. I'll write more after I get back to Portland.

1 comment:

Loyal and Julie Frisbie-Knudsen said...

Hey Cara and Dustin, just wanted you to know that we're praying for you two and for baby Moses. We really love y'all.
- Loyal, Julie and Benjamin Addisu