Thursday, August 14, 2008

Oh dear Courtdate, where art thee?

There's not a lot to report but since a lot of you are asking me what's happening I feel it warrants a post. This doesn't mean you have to stop asking though. :) The lawyer was supposed to get our court date on Monday. He could not be reached by phone on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Dustin did, however, reach his assistant on Thursday. She asked him to drive to Blantyre (again) to sign the adoption petition. What this basically means is... that the lawyer hasn't even applied for the date yet. The petition is the most basic of adoption documents. Dustin had already signed the petition on my behalf (as my power of attorney) but for some reason they didn't have him sign it. We thought that was odd at the time but chalked it up to the fact that Dustin would be present in court so his signature wasn't as necessary in advance. Besides, Dustin had asked the assistant if there were any other documents he needed to sign and she said no. See you at the court date, she and the lawyer chimed.

What court date???

I had to change Dustin's ticket. Again. Is it just me or does every post sound the same? People aren't doing their jobs. We are still waiting. No news. Dustin's return date has been postponed. Blah. Blah. It's becoming quite a boring blog. Maybe if I say something like "this is a boring blog," then something exciting will happen. I'm hoping for exciting, but not too exciting (if you know what I mean). That's actually my fear. Our story wouldn't be nearly interesting enough if it just fizzled out with a simple, ho-hum, sign-on-the-dotted-line, "this child is legally yours" piece of paper. I fear for the grand finale.

Back to Dustin's return date. It's now September 23rd - six weeks from now. If things go fast (I'm not sure if a hearty chuckle or high nervous laugh is best here) then we'll move that date up. If September 23rd becomes October-something -- then I have no idea what we'll do.

Dustin is tired. He's ready to come home. Moses has energy. He has no knowledge of a true home. And here am I. Preparing the home. Waiting for it to be full of the joy and love that live just below the surface of baited breath and poor sleep.

***

Here is a new photo I just received! Moses is growing SO much! And look how happy he and his daddy are together.

2 comments:

The Millers said...

So cute! Still praying for you guys and this long process!!

Bola Moyo said...

By the way, that black spot on his face is just a fly.

Cara